17 May, 2022
How can I check in for my Hawaiian Airlines (HA) flight?
Check-in times at Hawaiian airlines
You can easily check-in for your flight online or offline as per your convenience but the timings may vary for online or offline methods. How? Let’s have a look.
In case of online check-in
The timings for international flights are from 24 hours to 1 hour before the flight departure.
And for domestic flights, the check-in time is from 24 hours to 30 minutes before the departure for neighbouring islands and 24 hours to 45 minutes before departure in case of flights to/from North America.
In case of mobile check-in
- The timings for international flights are from 24 hours to 60 minutes prior to departure.
- But for domestic flights.
- The check-in time for passengers travelling to neighbouring islands is between 24 hours to 30 minutes prior to departure.
- But if the flight originates or departs to North America, then check-in will begin 24 hours before departure and end 45 minutes before the flight departs.
Check-in time at Airport Kiosk
For international flights
- Passengers with checked baggage can check-in between 4 hours to 30 minutes before the departure.
- Passengers without checked baggage can check-in from 24 hours to 60 minutes before flight departure.
Airport Kiosk check-in restrictions
Hawaiian airlines can restrict you from check-in at the airport Kiosk if you have the following types of Bookings:
- Pet booking
- Group booking
- Paper ticket booking
- Codeshare flight bookings
- Several other types of modified bookings
- Non-electronic ticket booking
- Unaccompanied minor booking
- Bulk seat booking
- Booking of one-way international flight
Timings for airport check-in
In case of international flights
- The check-in starts 3 hours before departure and ends 60 minutes before the departure. At this time, you need to be ready with your boarding passes and all bags tagged. Moreover, make sure that all formalities are completed at least 1 hour before the flight departure.
In case of domestic flights
The check-in time for flights of North America to/from Hawaii is between 2 hours to 45 minutes before the scheduled departure. But it is recommended to reach the airport at least 2 hours before departure so that you can complete all the formalities at least 1-hour before the flight departure.
For flights to/from neighbouring islands, the check-in time is between 90 minutes to 30 minutes before departure.
Hawaiian airlines online check-in Process
- Visit Hawaiianairlines.com and hit the check-in button.
- Then type your ticket number and last name and tap on view my trip button.
- Now, you need to click on your booking and enter the number of bags you want to check-in.
- Next, make payment for your bags, choose your seats and download your boarding pass and check-in is done.
Hawaiian airlines Mobile check-in Process
You can use the Hawaiian airline's app and check-in from your mobile within 24 hours of departure. Just log in to the app, go to check-in, provide your credentials and complete check-in.
Hawaiian airlines airport Kiosk check-in
For airport Kiosk check-in, you need to present your 6-letter reservation code, 13-digit ticket number, credit or debit card information, account number of Hawaiian miles and electronic boarding pass. You can also print your boarding pass, check, change or upgrade your seats, print the tags for your luggage and input Hawaiian miles numbers to your booking.
Hawaiian airlines airport check-in
In order to check-in at the airport, you must reach the airport at least 3 hours before the departure in case of international flights and at least two and a half hours before the departure, if you have booked a domestic flight.
Hawaiian airlines TSA pre-check-in
If you are eligible for TSA (Transportation security administration) pre-check-in, then you need to provide your known traveller number (KTN) at the time of flight booking. The KTN will pop up on the boarding pass.
Hawaiian airlines Boarding Zones
- The pre-boarding zone is for disabled passengers and families with infants and children.
- Zone 1 is for Military persons and business class passengers.
- Zone 2 is for passengers who have booked preferred or extra comfort seats.
- Zone 3 incorporates the passengers who are travelling within North America and to neighbouring islands.
- Zone 4 is for passengers with middle seats.
- Zone 5 is for passengers with front seats.
How can I check in for my Hawaiian Airlines (HA) flight? FAQ